Monday, August 1, 2011

Last Day in Maine for the summer - Updated

We may be back in the fall - and again in the Winter. Once a quarter!

Anyway, this is a placeholder for the time being. I got up later than I wanted to and thus have too little time to compose a thoughtful, pithy post. I will do so either later tonight, or, gasp, tomorrow. But for the nonce, this will have to suffice. And yes, I did take pictures (49 of them) - Here is one to tide you over:


The Maine house View!

Ok, now that I am safely ensconced back in my house in Geneva, I can get to writing about my last day in Maine for the summer. It was a great day! After getting up and getting going, I worked on the blinkety-blank puzzle...and finished it! I love the end game of puzzles - where every piece you pick up finds a home quickly, or for every hole the piece is easy to find! The last fifty or a hundred went like that! Woo hoo! But I am sated with puzzles for the time being. Yippee!

Also in there, mom had her swimming day. Water and I are on hand shaking terms. I like it, but don't love it. Actually, I am a bit of an aquaphobe - or I was when I was younger. I can swim, like to play in the water sometimes, love to drink water, but I don't wake up and look forward eagerly to my next water encounter. Not much of a beach person either. Unless I have a large umbrella or a tent or something - and a waiter...Anywho, mom has been very scared of the ocean for the past few years. This year was no exception. Juliet and Paul and I all agreed that the best time for her to go was around lunch time - the tide was coming in - almost all the way - so the water was going to be at its warmest. And it was. It was almost like bath water. At least for Maine. Mom actually got a lot further this time than last year or the year before. She swam a teeny little bit. I think it was a grand success!

Lastly, Juliet acquiesced to my desire to go to Miller's Lobsters for our lobster dinner rather than Youngs. Millers is about an hour away and well worth the drive. No, the lobsters aren't any better, but the place is smaller, in a much more beautiful location and just nicer. So glad we went there. I, as usual, spoke with random people. We met a very nice set of women - Katherine, Lisa and Sofia and they were gracious enough to let me take their picture! While eating lobster, I helped mom with a couple of tough bits. While I wasn't looking, she exclaimed - aha! I did it! I looked over and she had snagged the tail from my lobster, gotten it out and was about to eat it (having forgotten that she had already eaten her tail)! Tee hee!! Sometimes Alzheimer's can come in handy! :)

Came home, and went to bed! It was an exhausting and great day to end out Maniacal (Mainiacal?) trip!

More Pictures from July 31, 2011: (And more pictures will go up from the Maine trip - hopefully on August 3)


2000 pieces is a lot of pieces! Fun puzzle though. I think other people put in maybe 20 pieces...


Mom descending to the beach.


Yay lobster dinner!


I had to add this picture of the three wonderful women we met!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Great pictures, I am jealous, wish I had been there!

Augustus said...

Thank you Sam! Wish you had been there as well! That would have been awesome! And lots more pictures will be posted on Facebook later in the week! - Then again, you are in England... :)