Monday, August 8, 2011

Almost back to a routine

I am looking forward to getting back to a semblance of a routine for a while. It has been a little crazy here. Unsettled feeling - with the trip to Maine and then the week of the Opera. Goodness gracious. And the weather here has been dark and damp for most of the time recently. As I type it is, once again, precipitating. Yay! The plants will be happy! Poor Texas!

Anyway, the last bit of opera work was gotten out of the way yesterday. So much for a day of rest. I got up early (set an alarm, but woke up a few minutes before it went off) so that I could get to the church, er theatre, on time. Things were already in full swing when I got there. There were lots of hands, so I didn't really have to work too hard. Yippee! Al's minivan got filled, the kids who are doing the next show got started loading in and almost all of the stuff that the opera used was returned to its proper location. I helped take some stuff back to Trinity Church. Susanne M. got quite a bit from there - including some singers. :) It had been maybe 20 years since I had last been in the church building at all. Weird.

After that, well, lunch and a quick trip to the Garlic Festival. My whole reason for going was to get some garlic ice cream. I thought I read that a vendor was going to have some for sale. But I didn't find any. Note to self - another type of event to not take mom too, outdoor festivals. Glarg. I would have liked to have been there for a while and just people watched. Oh well. As it was, we popped in, wandered a tiny bit and then left.

While we were out, mom and I actually went shopping at Wegman's again. How novel. Anyway, she wanted to get her staples - bananas (the last ones went waaaaaaaay bad) - a box of club crackers (we have two unopened ones at the house) - swiss rolls (she just opened a new one) Jarlsburg cheese (we still have a bit of this) and salmon. No can of clams. Phew! :) I got some curry powder and some other things. Yippee! Since I didn't think we were going to go to the store right then, we didn't take the bottles for returning. Oh well!

And then I took a nap. Yippee! I love to nap.

Dinner was breakfast - scrambled eggs florentine (wow, makes me feel like a chef when I do that) bacon and hash browns. Yum!

All in all, a day much closer to routine. We shall see what today brings!

Pictures from August 7, 2011:


Al artfully stuffing another thing into his car.


The kids unloading a truck full of stuff!


A garlic festival picture.

No comments: