Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Problem with Routine is...

...they always fall off! No, wait, that's the problem with buttons. The problem with routine is, that, well, it is routine! I can only relish a certain amount of routine before I begin to crave adventure again. Even mild adventure. So, mom and I have big plans! BIG PLANS, I tell you! Ok, not so big. Friday, to the horse races. Yippee! And Indian Food. Not sure what we are going to do between the horse races and the Indian Food, but we do need a little filler. Oooh, maybe a trip up to Rochester to a brewery or a brewpub...hmm. Mom would be thrilled beyond compare if I were to do that to her. Hahahahahahaha (diabolical laughter)! Is there an emoticon for that? I know there is a develish smiley face - something with a carat or something. Anyway, moving on.

Mom also has an interest in going to the State Fair. I don't think this is a good idea, because it is everything that mom hates in an adventure - lots of walking, not a lot of places to sit down - unpleasant porto-potties, etc. Oh well - if she wants to go, who I am to nay say her. I suggested renting a wheelchair but she wasn't up for that. We shall see what happens.

Meanwhile, back here on the farm (ok, we do not live on a farm - a double lot, yes and it is bucolic (ish) but not a farm. We have sidewalks, thank you very much. Anywho, I continue to march down the path to Spanish classes at Hobart. I went to the registrar and Linda Brease helped me by printing out the forms I needed to complete to move one step closer to a class. Today I take one of the papers to a Dean for a signature or something. Yippee!

Last night at the Beef and Brew I met two very new professors from HWS. Robin and Kendra(line). Both very nice. Who knows if our paths will cross again - anything is possible.

Oh, I looked for my crush to ask her out (even though a decision maker app on the internet said not to) and she wasn't there. I had an excuse to be in the store and everything. Sigh. Oh well - maybe it wasn't "meant" to be. :)

Onward!

Pictures from August 10, 2011:


When I am living in routine, I have to resort to "art" pictures. Sigh.


Lovely tree with flowers. It could be cropped a bit...


Clouds framed by buildings. Art!

No comments: