Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vaguely Unsatisfied

Yesterday left me feeling vaguely unsatisfied. I think it is because I didn't really get anything done that was one my list of things to accomplish. I did no work on Diary of a Plate Addict. I did not look at any Spanish. Sigh. I guess I just have to do a lot of both today to help get over that feeling.

On the other hand, I did have a few adventures, which is a good thing. First adventure, meeting a Plenty of Fish friend for lunch in Skaneateles. Which was a half way point for us both. I think I have only been to Skaneateles once before. Nice little town and deserves more visiting which may or may not happen. We ate at Johnny Angels, which is a bit like a Five Guys burger place - though they do serve Yak there. Good food. Nice company!

Next stop, Middle Ages Brewing in Syracuse. Matt and Sharon, behind the taps, were both nice. I also met Michelle and Jeff - regulars who were stopping in to get a growler filled. Great atmosphere. It seems to me that "beer people" are more outgoing and friendly than "wine people." Maybe I am not giving wine people a chance. I have been to a few wine bars and wineries and at those, at least, the people there have been more stand offish than people at beer bars and breweries. Then again, maybe it is me, and I change a bit depending on my surroundings. Maybe I am less outgoing and friendly at wine things than I am at beer things. Naw.

Then home to cook a dinner out of the freezer (Bridget - are you counting?) of frozen peas and leftover shrimp eggrolls. We really need to eat those up - the frozen vegetables and the eggrolls. After the Daily Challenge to look and see how long things are supposed to last, I realized that the things in the freezer really need eating up. Sigh. I do so like fresh things. Hmm.

Lastly, went down to the Beef and Brew and continued work on my video blog. Still no firm plans how to craft an episode. I am waiting on a piece of software - Toast - to start editing. For credits, I was thinking of a montage of people's faces, but so far I only have five or six different people on tape. I would like ten or twenty. And for music for the beginning I was thinking of an orchestral version of 100 bottles of beer on the wall. I think it might be...

Oh, while there, I was told that I was sometimes a bit creepy and annoyingly know-it-all like. Both are true, can't deny it. I am creepy because I tend to be focused on someone and ask them a lot of questions. And know-it-all like because I do actually know a few things and like to share. Like how to pronounce Framboise... Whatever.

Pizza on the Patio at a local Winery is the plan for tonight - and maybe the State Fair tomorrow - depending on the weather.

Pictures from August 24, 2011:


Yak!


Skaneateles lake looking as choppy as it can be!


Me, Michelle and Jeff at Middle Ages Brewery in Syracuse.

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

"Yak!" would be an apt caption for the picture below it, too (as least for those of us prone to sea sickness).

Haven't heard the name Skaneateles in years. One of my favorites.

Augustus said...

Yup! I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be boating at that time!