Friday, August 19, 2011

30!

A thirtieth follower has magically appeared! Hurrah! Please, if you do read this blog again one day, identify yourself. I can't figure out who you are...but thank you for following. I will endeavor to be only as boring as I need to be. :)

For some reason, Blogger is not tracking the visits to yesterday's post. I don't understand that. I guess I will have to write to them and see if they can figure it out.

Still no word on the Spanish class. I have to believe that it will all be ok - but I think classes start a week from Monday! Eeek! I am having second and third thoughts about going back to school. But maybe I will be a student and get student discounts and a student id and such. That would be nifty. And I hope the class isn't really early in the morning. That would suck. Anyway, we shall see.

Went to Billsboro Winery yesterday. I have driven past quite a few times and this time made a point of stopping. Partly because of the man at the party - whose name I still don't recall, who told me that the owner also likes beer. Anyway, Barb was the taste pourer and was very nice. $2 for 6 tastes isn't too bad. I had three whites - all good - a pink - not so good - and two reds - both of which were a bit thin for my taste. I made a reservation for mom and me to go to their Pizza on the Patio next Thursday. The name comes from the area - I thought it might have had something to do with The Hobbit and all that stuff. Oh well.

Last night I made another foray to Leaf Kitchen. It was their Game and Pub night. Decent turnout - all the people there were how old my kids would be, if I had kids. Very nice people - I might go again - especially if I can find a box of Risk in the attic. I wonder if I could get some people to play that. Or Life. :) I had a yummy beer from Southern Tier - Iniquity - a black Ale - kind of like a combination of a porter and an IPA. It was pretty tasty! And one of the guys there suggested I try Ellicotville Beer and restaurants. They are far-ish away - but I might could go. (I just looked it up and it isn't really that far.) Maybe this weekend - or next week. We shall see.

Still no romantic partner in my life. Sigh. At least I dated someone for a few weeks this year. Yippee! No crushes either, which is odd for me...

Pictures from August 18, 2011:


This was at the Billsboro Winery - I just liked the picture...


New Signage?


Iniquity making pretty bubbles on the glass...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also a fan of the dark beers.
A tall Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout can make winter nights quite enjoyable.
The high is unique. So much so that my friends and I took to calling it Chocolate Narcotic Stout and now this is stuck in my head, forever.

Augustus said...

Have you ever had the Southern Tier Creme Brulee stout? Yum city! (Though the Brooklyn Black Chocolate is quite yummy too!)

Pablo said...

I am up for a game of Rick or Life anytime in the battle of games from our generation.

Augustus said...

Hey Paul, Did you ever play Stratego? I kinda liked that game - but I was a sore loser and got way too stressed over games in general. Sigh. I hope that I have mostly grown out of that!