Sunday, August 14, 2011

I don't wanna

At all. So, I don't.

Right now, I am actively not doing anything that I really could and probably ought to do. I am putting off working on my book Diary of a Plate Addict - partially because I am scared of what happens when it is finished and only 10 people buy copies. I would like to sell 10,000. But ten would just be downright sad and disappointing. Ok, so I do have a little bit of an excuse here. A person, who is volunteering, is still proofreading the book. From the bits she has sent so far, she is doing an excellent job. I am just waiting on her to go ahead and take my last look at the book. Meanwhile, it seems that I have gotten some tacit approval from the Flying Saucer HQ. Keith Schlabs says he is actively working on getting releases for the pictures from the Saucer Calendar in which I was a calendar model. Yippee! That might mean that Shannon looked at it and actually didn't hate it. That would be awesome! There are bits I could be doing, though - making more plates for Heather to use - getting my barcode act together for two. Then there is the decision paralyzation - Charles King (from the opera) suggested I use Creative Space from Amazon for my book creation rather than Lightning Source - and I just haven't decided. And there is the whole shirt thing - do I want to do Diary of a Plate Addict and I am a Plate Addict - or just I am a Plate Addict? Sigh. I would ask for opinions, but so few of you comment, I don't think it is worth my time asking. Oh, well, I sort of just did.

I also don't want to work on any of my other books. Or do any cleaning in the house. Or sorting of my own papers. Or read. Or fill out rebate forms. Or trim my beard. Or change insurance companies.

I really want to take a roadtrip to California. Stopping at Saucers and meeting more of my facebook, Daily Challenge and old friends. How to do that with mom in tow escapes me so far.

Looking at video cameras is also a smidge distressing. I would like a small hand held inexpensive camera, that has a flip screen so that I can see myself when I do shots of me. And a little tripod. And maybe an external microphone. All told that probably comes to $500. Where that will come from is anyone's guess.

Oh, we went to see Youth! last night - a review of snippets from the past 25 years of productions by the youth group within the Geneva Theatre Guild. Not scintillating. I would have thought with four people directing that it would have been better (each person being able to focus on smaller pieces). Oh well. Still glad I went, just not overwhelmed. It does make me want to direct again, though. And I am toying with the idea of auditioning for a play in September. Glarg. I really don't like to act, but it is a foot in the door...

Pictures from August 13, 2011:


I thought the yew berries, if that's what they are, were interesting.


Oooh, light on the library and the trees!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long does a road trip to California take?

Augustus said...

That is a fair question, A. Nony. Mous. Figuring, three to four hundred miles a day, since I don't want to keep mom cooped up for too long - and depending on the route...just getting out there is about ten days. Then ten days in CA and environs and then ten days back. That looks like a month to me...

Anonymous said...

Sorry for using anonymous..I was asking from my phone...It is so hard to type as the keys are so tiny! .. :) Lisa

Augustus said...

Hi Lisa! Yippee that you were looking at my blog on your phone! :) Are you interested in going on the trip? :)

Jeffrois said...

(Sorry, I'm about a week behind. Hard to keep up!)

About the t-shirts and trying to decided: What do you want the shirts to do? Do you need two to do that? Can you accomplish the same end with just one? The "I am..." shirt sounds like a derivative — you have to know about "Diary of..." before "plate addict" has any context. Maybe less is more.

Theme song for the day: "Today I'm not doing anything" Bruno Mars.

Augustus said...

It is hard to keep up! About the shirt - I was thinking of something like the cover on the pocket - and I am a plate addict underneath it - or the gold plate with I am a Plate Addict inside - these are strictly for hardcore fans of the Saucer...I still don't know but have to decide soon! Thank you for reading the blog at all, Jeff! I really appreciate it, and the feedback! Next year - maybe three posts a week. :)