Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Maine Driving Day - The Return

I don't like to do it with mom in the car, but we drove the whole way from Maine to Geneva in one fell swoop. 10 hours or so - it would have been only nine if we hadn't had a traffic jam - due to a badly planned and managed construction merge - four lanes to two in less than a mile. Whose idea of planning was that?

All in all, it was an easy drive. We had a little rain, the one slow down - oh, and then a second, where a truck stopped in a construction zone where there were no shoulders for him to go off on, or others to use to go around him. Sigh. We stopped for gas once and got dinner at a Roy Rogers (I asked for pepsi - see the picture below).

Part of my reason for driving straight through - ok, the only reason, was to get to the rehearsal for Cinderella (the opera I am working on). I got there around 7 and stayed till 10:30 - helping out with tech. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed doing this theatre stuff. :)

Ok, time to, actually, get going and head to the theatre again for some more tech work. Hurrah!

Pictures from August 1, 2011:


All packed - everything fit in the trunk - again! Yippee!


Can you see why I asked for a Pepsi?! Patty, the counter person, was amused (and partial to Pepsi...) (I tend to like Coke, by the way...)


Laurel, Beka and Sean at rehearsal for Cinderella.

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

I don't remember any mice (?) in Rossini. Is the director sneaking a soupçon of Disney into La Cenerentola — or is this a different opera entirely?

Augustus said...

The director decided to add magic back into the piece - so there are lots of things that weren't in the opera - he has directed a lot of G&S...