Saturday, August 20, 2011

31!

Gosh, just raking in the new followers! Welcome Patricia! I hope you drop back now and again!

A stay at home day yesterday. I don't think I ventured out of the house at all. No, wait, I did. I took something that Dave, mom and I call him Santa, painted and put it on the porch in case we got rain. Other than that, not a step. Yippee! I mostly just played on the computer all day. Waiting patiently for things to happen. Waiting for Kyle to get back to me about his recommendations for a video camera. Waiting for the proofreader to finish proofreading Diary of a Plate Addict. Waiting for Godot. Waiting for my Spanish book to come (no, that happened - it came - I have started to go through it). Waiting for mom to be miraculously cured of Alzheimer's (that will be a long wait). Waiting for it.

As I parenthetically mentioned, my Spanish Text Book (complete with CDs) arrived yesterday. Hurrah! I have started to work my way through it. I don't really get the difference between estar and ser yet. Maybe it will become clearer as time goes by. I am a tad anxious about class. Still haven't heard if I can take it, don't know what time of day it will be if I am allowed in, and worried that perhaps I am crazy for a) wanting to take a class at all, b) that not taking the first semester is crazy and c) that it is going to seriously cramp what little style I have. Hmm.

Speaking of Diary of a Plate Addict, the Saucer management where worried more about releases than they were about copyright. Still haven't heard from the photographer - I last wrote her in January and nada! (That's Spanish!)

Mom was willing to go out to dinner last night - either McDonald's or Friendly's. I couldn't face either of them. And it would have meant going outside. So I decided to throw some leftovers together with some pasta and added a few slices of pepperoni to the pile. Yum!

A week or so ago, I discovered that the sofa that mom has is a recliner sofa! Huzzah!

It is the weekend - and the Daily Challenge website is extremely quiet...

Today is a lovely day - and I am going to go out into it at some point. Huzzah!

Pictures from August 19, 2011:


The wonderful dinner, complete with pepperoni!


My feet look huge reclining like that! Self portrait...

No comments: