Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gingerless Day

Here I thought that it was a Ginger day today. But apparently it isn't. Oh well. Not a huge loss. Maybe I am confused about what day it is in general. Nope, it is Thursday. All day. :)

Yesterday we attended a party. Asta Farrand, a long time family friend, celebrated her 80th birthday. Roger, her husband, made it a surprise party. Poor Asta was a little overwhelmed, I think. I went, hoping that her son and daughter would be there. They were very close childhood friends. In fact, for a long time, I believed that Johanna and I would end up married. We did, in fact, get married once, in her yard, with a Spanish-English dictionary for our bible. I don't know when it was - I hope it wasn't while I was dating Christine Coonce. Who I married later in a very short lived affair - I think we got married at the end of school one day and by the end of the after school activities period it was over. :( Anyway, both Matthew and Johanna were there. It was awesome to see them and do a little catching up!

Lots of other people were at the party as well. Many of whom I knew, one way or another. I need to be better at remembering names. Sigh. I gave out a bunch of cards. We shall see if anyone follows through and contacts me back or reads my books or my blog... Anyway, had some nice chats - one political, one beer centric, one man told me a couple of Otto (my father) stories, one about making friends in Geneva. All in all, a fun time was had by many!

Other excitement - Dave the painter is back - doing all of the red on the house. It will make the grey look worse, but oh well. Mom and I went to the Paint Shoppe to try and get the red matched - without much success. Eventually they came up with something - I think it is darker than what we had before. Whatever.

So, is no one impressed that I am writing a blog every day?! And taking a picture every day!? I am impressed with myself. Over half the year gone and I am still percolating along. Ok, so it is a boring blog, but it is consistently boring! I need more followers. Fifty by the end of the year is my current goal. Tell your friends!

Pictures from August 17, 2011:


The steps being prepped!


Matthew, me and Johanna!


My camera actually captured what I was hoping it would...

No comments: