Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

Well, it might be - hope springs eternal. I am getting a really late start today. I stayed up too late watching Doctor Who last night. The end of season three, I think. I can hardly wait for tonight to start watching the next season. Netflix, generally, rules. I haven't been to Hulu in quite a while, and I bet my cue is filled with all sorts of stuff. So much media, so little time.

Speaking of media, I read a book yesterday. Feavre Dream by George RR Martin. An interesting story of vampires and steamboats. Easy, quick, entertaining read. I have another of his books lying around (well, I got it from the liberry) and I will probably read that soon too.

Not a lot to report about yesterday. I did go to the registrar's at Hobart without result. And I went to the Y and found out little I didn't already know. After mom has gone to her first physical therapy session, I will think more seriously about setting up the Y. I think getting mom out and about three or four times a week would be great for her. Gee, life is filling up. Now, if only it would fill up with a few female friends, one of whom would become more than a friend...

Ooh, I did cook scalloped potatoes again last night. I really like the cheese soup version that I found on allrecipes. Really, really simple and fast and tasty. I add a little milk or cream if I have it. Yum!

Pictures from August 9, 2011:


The exciting door to the building that houses the HWS registrar.


Doesn't look like a fun, happy place to me. Does it to you?


Dinner - Salmon, scalloped potatoes and sauteed spinach!

No comments: