Sunday, August 21, 2011

And then there were 32!

Wow, how am I so lucky?! Welcome JEB or is the Jeb or jeb? Anywho, welcome, welcome, welcome! I hope you enjoy perusing!

It was a lovely day here in Upstate (or rather Central) NY - 80s and sunny! After lunch, I went out to meet a woman from Plenty of Fish - I think she is the third I have met on this go 'round on the site. She suggested meeting at the Montezuma Winery near Seneca Falls and the Montezuma Swamps Wildlife Preserve (or is it Refuge?). They were having their ten year anniversary and celebrating with a sparkling Riesling, cake and music. I got there a smidge late - I took a scenic route that turned out to be a lot longer than I had thought - but luckily, Patricia had gotten stuck in Farmer's Market traffic and was a smidge late as well! We bellied up to the tasting bar and each had tastes of six different wines - they had a whole bunch on their list - probably 24! Most of them were sweet wines - but they had a few dry reds. The one that stood out for both of us was the Cranberry Bog - it was like Hard Cranberry Juice. Won a lot of awards.

Patricia and I opted to go outside and sit rather than stand inside or sit in the back and be deafened by the music - two musicians but they must have been deaf and wanting to make everyone else suffer - that is the only reason I can think that they had their amps up so high. It was nice sitting on Adirondack chairs (in the shade for my delicate complexion), chatting about this and that and sipping our Cranberry Bog. I look forward to hanging out with her again, schedules permitting! :)

Next, I zipped, slowly, to Syracuse to go to a Best Buy to actually speak to a person and to hold a camera in my hand. I had a nice sales associate, Amy, talk with me. The camera I liked was the Canon HFR20 - but it was $400. Eeek. "Oh well," I thought, "I will just have to save my shekels." Zipped, a little more quickly, back to Geneva in time for dinner with mom.

We went to Friendly's, 'cause we had a coupon. Mom had a fish wrap - in which she couldn't taste the fish, and I had a chicken sandwich which was just dandy. We both brought home half our food. Lunch today!

After getting back, I went online - gee, that's new for me - and looked on Amazon and Ebay to see if I could find the camera for considerably less than $400. No luck. Very little out there for a reasonable (to me) price. On an outside chance, I decided to look on Craigslist. There was a camera, not the camera of my dreams, but still, a camera - for only $100 and in Geneva! Woo hoo! I sent him an email, he responded and we arranged to meet today! Yippee!

So, all in all, a good day. We like those!

Pictures from August 20, 2011:


The Montezuma Winery - I was surprised at the amount of gift stuff in their main space!


Best Buy at the Carousel Center in Syracuse - I don't think I have ever been there before - the Carousel Center, I mean...


One of the freshly painted red doors on the house! Yippee!!

2 comments:

Deb Campbell said...

Augustus - Jeb is me, Deborah Campbell from TX Juggling Society. Jeb is one of my many nicks. I have been reading regularly (via FB links) but realized you wanted me as an official follower, so I joined.

Augustus said...

Yay! I do want official followers - and you can always read through and RSS feed - mine get sent to my email...Welcome officially! :)