Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday Funday

Although this is a catch phrase mostly for people who are in the food service industry, Sundays can be fundays for the rest of us. It was a dark and gloomy day until about 3 in the afternoon. A good amount of rain and some thunder and such. Yippee! I like weather! :)

My first appointment was at 11 in the morning, visiting the man who had a video camera for sale. I zipped over there and found the house easily enough. The camera, though not optimal, will suffice for the nonce. It is a Samsung, about 3 years old, has some dirt on the lens but otherwise seems to function all right. We shall see what happens when I start work on my video blog tonight. I am so excited. I am so excited in fact, that I didn't sleep all that soundly. Ooops. Oh well. I am awake now.

I spent most of the rest of the day, puttering on my computer, not doing too much. Yippee! One of the pleasanter surprises was getting the final notes from Dara, who has been proofreading Diary of a Plate Addict. She gave me 30 pages of notes - most of which, to be fair, are taken up with describing where in the document to find the thing she thinks needs correcting. Still, it was a massive undertaking and I do appreciate her efforts. That gives me a self imposed week to get the next draft ready for Heather, my wonderful designer (and surprisingly, part-time cheerleader) and her tender ministrations. Hopefully this will be the last draft before it goes to the printer. That would be awesome!

At some point, the rain stopped and the sun came out. That happens a lot. Weird. Anyway, I went food shopping so that I could create breakfast for dinner. Wow! I was shocked by the price of the yellow pepper I got - $3.99 a pound! Eeek! Daily Challenge has a lot to answer for, for making me get something so pricey just to eat more healthfully. Poo!

It turned out to be juicing day. I had accumulated all sorts of fruit over the past week or so - grapes, plums, apricots, oranges, strawberries and a cantaloupe. So it all went into the juicer - mostly separately. I had sort of promised one of my facebook friends that I would make mimosas for my breakfast for dinner meal last night - so I did! Yippee! I tried each of the juices separately and then ended up mixing them all in a growler. Mom didn't want any juice. How weird is that? And I can't force, now can I?

Dinner was yummy, complete with a sweet potato hash, suggested by another Facebook friend and sometimes reader of this blog. It was delicious! Sort of thrown together and not really following a recipe. Go me!

But wait, there's more! A late night game night with Charles and his friends, only one of whom showed up, Daniel. We played two rounds of a dice game, like a complicated and a bit more fun Yahtzee based on the athletic decathlon. I didn't lose both games! Yippee! I will look forward to going again.

So, all in all, a great night. Oh, I am thinking of retitling this blog to "The most boring blog on the internet." Or maybe just subtitling it that. What do you think?

Photos from August 21, 2011:


The video camera and its accoutrements. No manual - I am hoping to find one online if Tim can't come up with his.


Art photo - freshly painted floor with leaf - I would call it, "Fall cometh" or something like that. Or maybe not...


I was aghast when I saw this display of Halloween Candy at Wegman's! Eeeek! It is August for goodness sake!!!


There are all the juices and the sparkling that help make the mimosas!


Breakfast for dinner again - bacon, sausage, french toast, sweet potato hash and mom's over not so easy egg.

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

Not "the most boring." I'd call it something like "The small change of life adds up if you keep it all in one place -- like an old pickle jar with a slot in the lid." Or something like that. Maybe a little bit shorter.

(And as you can see, I'm still way behind.)

Augustus said...

Maybe something a wee bit shorter... :)

And I cruelly keep on cranking them out - luckily only one a day! :-)