Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thirty Three (and a third?)

Remember records, lps, vinyl?! 45s even. Anyway, 33 followers! Woo hoo! Thank you Paul! Nice to have you reading!

Yesterday was the first day of Spanish class. Yippee! It is odd being back in class again. There were 17 people there - one other older person - an Italian Professor looking to improve his Spanish - and lots of kids - mostly 18 and 19 a couple 20 year olds and one 21 year old. I am still a wee bit anxious because I am so far behind. Speaking of which, I need to decide whether I am going to spend most of my time tonight (if there is time tonight) working on Diary of a Plate Addict or studying Spanish. Probably Spanish will get the nod. Sigh. Anyway, class was fun, though early. We got our syllabus that has a schedule of what is when. And it looks like we have a week off in October. Which is perfect for a trip to NC to hawk copies of the book, should it be ready at that point. Which, thinking positively, it will be!

Speaking of the book, I did at least 20 pages yesterday. I am up to page 39 in the text, 49 in the file! Yippee! I did get a crook in my neck from all of the hunching over, but I am happy to have gotten as far as I did!

And last night was quesadilla night! I have never made them before and was happy with how they turned out. Yippee!

Today is NYS fair day. I am up early to get a blog post out before we go. Just waiting on mom to be up and ready...

Pictures from August 29, 2011:


The main entrance to the classroom building. Hopefully more pictures of Spanish class will be forthcoming...


Ta dah! They were spinach, onion and bacon quesadillas.

No comments: