Saturday, August 27, 2011

Procrastination Post

I promised myself that I would not do anything else until I finished at least one page of editing for Diary of a Plate Addict. Yet, here I am. I have already played a little bit and then I checked my email and that led me to this. Yippee! Ok, this will be short-ish. I think part of the reason for my procrastination is the chaos that is my room just now. And that I don't have a real desk - not that I really like to use a desk, but it is still nice to have one. Mine is covered with crap. So, here's the thing - do I clean the room, yet another procrastinatory (not a word? Hmph!) tactic, or buckle down and do a page I will do a page and then clean the room. That is my plan and I am going to stick to it!

I was going to do some cooking today - then I realized that was yet another procrastinory tactic. I will still cook, just something quicker and easier than I had planned. I will save the big cooking for tomorrow. Ribs, with homemade sauce, baked beans, coleslaw (homemade) and corn on the cob. That's my thought at least as of now. Quesadillas on day...

Another reason for writing this note is because I got my Amazon shipment today. And I bought bad stuff. Not bad, bad. Just not what I thought I was getting. I bought Toast 11 pro and a copy of a play that I am thinking of auditioning for. Toast doesn't do what I thought it did. I had some idea, for some reason, that it was an editor - like iMovie. But it isn't. There are some utilities that might come in handy, but overall, I think I wasted a largish chuck of money. And the play, though it is good to have in my library, doesn't look very interesting. So I may not audition after all. We shall see.

Ok, time to get cranking - I still have a five page goal for today.

4 comments:

Pablo said...

I just purchased my 1st vid editing software ... PowerDirector by CyberLink. I have nothing to compare it to, but, on my video project I found it to be fairly simple to use. Has all the basic tools for enhancements (zooming, stabilization) and adding text, graphics, music, etc. Was only $50.

Augustus said...

That looks cool! I, though, need Mac software - I am going to try iMovie and if I need something else...when do we get to see your project? :)

Pablo said...

My "project" was a very simple posting of a video onto my FB page from my lake trip a couple weeks ago ... called "Green Man". Again, the software did it's job and has way more features then I needed for that simple project. But it wetted my appetite to do another video to the next level with more sophisticated special effects.

Augustus said...

Cool! I will have to take a look at it, Paul!