Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Routine, glorious routine!

The title of today's blog can be sung to the tune of "Food, Glorious Food" from the musical Oliver. Yesterday was about as routine as it gets here in Chez Schoen-Rene. Yippee!

We got up at our usual times, had our usual lunch and ran our usual errands: post office, library, laundry and food shopping. Nothing too exciting happened at any of them. It was, though, one of "those" days. Days where attractive women seem to be falling out of the sky - none into my lap, unfortunately. Always inspiring and a little depressing. Oh well. I survived. I am still hoping that a friend or acquaintance will introduce me to the woman of my dreams. It could happen...

Mom kept me company throughout the day. She even helped me fold the laundry! Hurrah!

After dinner, I stopped in at Beef and Brew. With my next windfall, whenever that may be, I think I will have to buy a little HD video camera. I really would like to start a video blog of me tasting beer. Since B&B has the most extensive selection in the immediate area, I figure that would be a good place to start. My sort of plan is to create ten posts before beginning to post them. One every three days or so. The ten will give me a cushion. We shall see, of course. This then could also be the blog where I visit brewpubs...

The physical therapist thought that going to the Y is a great idea for mom. How awesome would it be if she could get up and down with impunity. Unlikely, but I like the thought. And maybe I will join too. But I am getting ahead of myself - that is the plan for today - check out the Y - and look into Spanish classes at HWS. Looks like I won't get my act together to take any FLCC classes this semester.

Mom made an effort to get some friends out of the nursing home and take them to dinner. They are not acting as if it is high on their priority list. Oh well. No good deed goes unpunished, as the twist on that phrase goes.

Pictures from August 8, 2011:


I love me some cloud pictures!


I am not sure why, but I don't really like shopping at Tops. It could be because it is so huge!


Seneca Lake - I don't know what that huge hill is in the distance - anyone?

2 comments:

Juliet Baker said...

I don't see a huge hill in the distance!

Augustus said...

If you click on the picture it opens up on a page by itself and then you can click on it again and it will zoom in - at least on Firefox - the hill is visible on the right side of the picture - a little before the tree...