Saturday, August 6, 2011

One down, One to go

Ah, theatre - gotta love it. Last night was the opening night for Cinderella - it was decently attended - maybe 100 people - the space is huge, though, so it didn't seem like that many people were there. Oh well. They were enthusiastic. Mom was happy that I made her go. She tried, a lot, to get out of it, then finally gave in. She actually wore a new dress that she had never warn before. I hope it becomes a staple of clothing for her. I think I have a picture of her in it. But I digress...

The show went decently - a couple of bad cues on my part - and a cane (almost a shillelagh) plummeted from the sky and didn't kill anyone, which is a good thing. The performers seemed to do a good job and to have had fun. Yippee!

One more performance tonight, then an hour's work of strike, then cast party, then two hours on Sunday. Easy Peasy! It has been fun. It will also be nice to get back to a semblance of normalcy for a few weeks.

I am trying to think if anything else exciting happened yesterday. Not really. I went to Wegmann's and a winery. And that is about it. I did make chicken salad again - I do like my curry chicken salad! I also gained two new Facebook friends. Who knows, maybe they will become sporadic perusers of my blog. Yippee!

Today, I need to make some coleslaw. And figure out dinner. Hmm. Maybe some pasta - if the al fredo sauce is still good. I found a slice of bread that had been forgotten - it looked like a critter from another planet!

Pictures from August 5, 2011:


The view from the winery. I like clouds!


Some of the chorus chilling before the performance.


Mom in her "new" outfit.

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

Ooo, your mom looks way elegant.

Augustus said...

Thank you Jeff! She does, doesn't she! :)