Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday

Seems like I have been here, in Geneva, for months, yet I haven't even been here for a week. Time moves oddly here. Mom is constantly in a fog: doesn't really know what time of day it is precisely (or even close sometimes), doesn't know what day it is, and certainly doesn't care about the year. And it rubs off a little.

I got the kitchen shelves sorted, well, mostly. Two parts of three. I threw away a lot of stuff and emptied a lot of bottles. I do want to do more stuff in the kitchen. My next task is another shelf. And maybe the linen drawers in the kitchen. Mom spent many hours yesterday sorting papers and managed to go through at least one pile. One down, over 300 to go. Yippee! At this rate it will take a year to get through her accumulation of crap.

Did I mention that I bit the bullet and bought an iPhone? No, I don't think I did. got one. The inexpensive one - the 3GS. I am still working on getting it set up how I like it. It is way cool, though. I can't get Foursquare to work and I don't know why. It keeps saying "Server Error." So I am sure it is actually user error. I haven't gotten a lot of apps yet. I love that there is a compass built in. How the heck Apple did that, I don't know. I resent the data plan costs, but will survive. I didn't buy a text messaging plan - so please, don't text me. Not that I know that many people with whom I would text. But please don't. Thank you. Anyway, it is fun and so far pretty easy to use and understand.

It is supposed to be 70 degrees today here in Geneva. I will believe it when I see it. So far, it looks gloomy and cool outside. And I just looked up the weather (on my iPhone) and it is supposed to be wet all day. Yippee.

Pictures from April 25, 2011:


Mom hard at work sorting a box of papers and other stuff.


Mom has a penchant for Friendly's. I am not really sure. The food is always ok, not great. But she wants to go there whenever I come visit. I bet she goes there with Karl (my brother) as well.

2 comments:

April said...

OMG! Is that a pretzel bun? Those are soooo good! I haven't had one at friendlys... but it looks good too. :-)

Augustus said...

It was pretty tasty April! I don't think I had had one at Friendly's before either...