Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Fourth's Post

Lookee! Only a couple days behind. This wasn't so tough!

Monday. Who can tell me what Monday's are? That's right, B/S/J day. Bojangles, Saucer, Juggling.

Bojangles is a chain of chicken fast food places. Like a Popeye's or even a KFC. For some reason, I just really like Bojangles. Daniel and I have made it a tradition. Sadly, he wasn't feeling up to it, so we didn't go. Instead, I just went to the Saucer and had my three beers.

There was a little party at my table! Yippee! It was fun to see everyone. Lately I have only been going to the Saucer once a week. Jeanie showed up and we decided to go out to dinner. Both of us enjoy ethnic foods and this time we opted for Indian cuisine. Jeanie knew of a place that she had been to before so we went there.

Lots of Indian and Pakistani people in the place. Always a good sign when people whose food it is are eating there. Have you ever been to a Chinese restaurant and not seen one Chinese customer? I usually head out quickly when that occurs.

We had a feast! And Amanda, our server, was very personable. She actually reminded me of a woman I knew back in the Bay Area, years and years ago. A story for another time, perhaps.

Then, suddenly, Jeanie got a text from her sister, Aimee, who was out and about with a friend. Having never met any of Jeanie's family, I was hoping that we would meet up with them. Which we did. First to Fox and Hound so that we could be blasted by the sound of 20 televisions playing the final of the NCAA basketball tournament. Joy.

Next to Big Boss. I hadn't been there in years. It is a place that I like and often think of going, but because of my disinterest in spending money on beer when not at the Flying Saucer, I often dissuade myself from going. We made it just in time for last call. If you haven't ever been there, it is worth a visit.

Lastly, we went to Slim's - the old standby place for some people. It was dead there, which is not really surprising for after midnight on a Monday! Our group actually doubled the amount of people there!

Wow, a late night, but fun!

Ok, time for the pictures, this time from April 3:


The pound we found - or shelter if you prefer.


The view from Boylan bridge Brew Pub. They are most busy when their lovely deck is graced with nice weather. When I first went there, I found everything to be so-so. This time, the beer was better and the food actually looked good. I guess I will have to go again, one day.


A view of the actual patio. The joint was jumping!

No comments: