Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 5th's Post and Pictures from 4/4

Aha! Tuesday! Well, I was not feeling all that chipper. True, I had had a lovely evening, but it was taxing. I am not getting any younger! Let me tell you!! Still, I managed to roll with the younger crowd Monday night. :)

Tuesday, I had great and lofty plans and ambitions. I had planned on catching up on my blog and on doing at least 10 glasses for my book - Diary of a Plate Addict. I did two glasses and took a long time doing that. Mainly because I had forgotten how I had done it the first time and had to recreate the steps. Then, on top of that, I forgot to mail Heather, my designer, the message saying to please look at the glasses and see if she could work with them or whether or not I needed to tweak them. I finally realized that I hadn't sent the message after I got home from Bridge. Sigh. Here it is, after five and I still haven't heard from Heather. Double sigh.

Bridge was at Ted and Jo-Anne's house in Angier. They have a lovely place - on lots of acreage for horses and goats and an emu and chickens. Yup, you read that right, an emu. Ted, the emu whisperer, managed to capture it when local animal control couldn't a few years back. All the regulars showed up, including our new one, Pat. I played ok, but got crappy cards. Oh well. I still managed to finish in the money - $3 for second place - which just about pays for my gas there and back from where I live in Clayton.

Pictures from 4/4:


The gang at Table 10 on Monday: Jim Skinner, he who would not be named, Adam Springs, Jeanie Webb, Jimmy Humphries and yours truly. Be afraid. :)


Our yummy Indian food. Can I remember what we ordered? Nope. The garlic Naan was delicious too!


At the Fox and the Hound. Can you tell how loud it was?


Aimee and Jeanie sitting in a, well, sitting in back of Slim's.

Ta da! All caught up. Tomorrow, maybe I will give a pithier blog about my mental state, if anyone is interested.

Happy Days!

2 comments:

ncjeanie said...

Chicken Curry and Lamb Vindaloo!

Augustus said...

Thank you Jeanie! Too right! I hope you finish them up!!