Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday Beer Fest!

Yippee! I survived another beer fest. Despite a chillsome day that added rain to the mix. I was slightly exhausted, though, from not sleeping particularly well the night before. Probably the rich Greek food. That is what I am going to blame it on at least.

So, all I really did today was work at the Beer Festival. I think I like the one in Durham better. The one in Raleigh just seemed a little small and dingy. It could have been the dark day. The food wasn't scintillating either. Mellow Mushroom pizza that was cold. I don't generally mind cold pizza. But on a cold day, cold pizza really wasn't a good thing. And the Bojangles biscuits were congealed. Ick. Luckily, around 5 we got Chinese food served to the brewery people. Much better.

By 8 I was really beat. So I decided to head home. Where I am now. Phew! Time for a glass of sherry and some work on the book. My new goal is to have the draft done by the end of Sunday so that I can give it to Heather. We shall see. I think that might be a little overly ambitious. Hmm.

Pictures from April 8:


Presents! How great my siblings are! My sister gave me a painting she did. My brother sent me 50 eggs filled with a variety of stuff! Cool!


Bryan and Sarah were kind enough to invite me to their plate party!


The main course at the Greek restaurant. Yummy stuff!!

No comments: