Saturday, April 23, 2011

Errands and such

Happy Saturday! It is more errands day today, though I think I am going to be foiled here and there. What I would like to accomplish is: library to fix the online login issues, make an appointment for a passport photo shoot, get my ear piece working with my new phone, food shopping for curry chicken salad and tonight's salmon dinner, and I keep thinking there is one more thing, but I can't think what it is. We shall see.

Yesterday I managed to accomplish a good bit. Not as much as I would have liked, but life is, it seems, frequently thus. We refilled the bird feeder, which gets emptied in about one day, greedy starving birds! I managed to stop one of mom's clocks from blinking. Gotta love the internet - found the manual posted someplace! Reset the chimes on another of mom's clocks. Replaced some light bulbs in her bedroom overhead fixture. Two had died. Then we went shopping. I wanted to get her new slippers and some new sweat pants. Failed in both those endeavors. Instead we spent way too long getting me a 3GS iPhone. What a fiasco that was! Went to the Apple store and the guy there, pleasant though he was, couldn't get me hooked up. So I went to the ATT store. They had to go to the Apple Store to verify that the guy had messed up my account. Sigh. Eventually we got out of there. And headed to find Oreck vacuum cleaner bags. Who knew that they would be so hard to find?! But we got them and headed home. So, two out of four isn't bad.

Dinner was a store bought rotisserie chicken - ok, not great, and steamed asparagus, which did not turn mushy! Hurrah! Then, later, we went to see The Big Lebowski. I hadn't seen it since it first came out. Very enjoyable!

All in all, a dandy day. This weekend, I am really going to get some work done on the Diary of a Plate Addict website. Heather hasn't given me a date for a new draft. And still no word from the Saucer Home Office. Oh well.

Pictures from April 22, 2011:


Aha! Found it! Little hole in the wall in an old mall in South Rochester. Ha! Go GPS!


This is, apparently, part of the original curtain in the Historic Smith Opera House, where mom and I saw The Big Lebowski and might see the Glenn Miller Orchestra in May.

No comments: