Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Errands

One of the great things about this house in Geneva is the screened in porch. Today we started the process of putting it back together for the season. Yippee! Pictures of that will appear on tomorrow's blog.

As for yesterday, it rained a lot in the evening. Well, not a lot, but pretty heavily off and on for a bit. I didn't get too wet, which is a good thing. I did go out for my first solo adventure since I came up here. I went to the newest addition to the Parker's family of places. Unfortunately, my friend Carol was not there. She is taking a well deserved vacation! I will go back next Thursday and visit with her. I had a pleasant time anyway - chatting with the bartender, Wendy, and a loud man named Bob. And his fourth wife Michelle. Weird.

Oh, mom and I went shopping at Walmart and Wegmanns. And we also went to the bank and the library and Edward Jones. At the bank we went through mom's safety deposit box. That was not as exciting as I thought it was going to be. There was a bit of jewelry, a few old documents like birth and death certificates and a deed to the house, and a letter from the Civil War. No, the Civil War didn't write to someone - it was a letter written during the Civil War. I didn't read it just then. I will someday. And maybe scan it too. There's a thought. I have those occasionally.

All in all, a pleasant day.

Ok, pictures from April 26, 2011:


I guess there is a month for everything?


Civil war stuff from mom's safety deposit box.


It is getting springy here!


Dinner of spaghetti with pesto, garlic bread and a salad! Oh, and an Ithaca Nut Brown to wash it all down with!

From now on, some of the pictures are going to be from my iPhone. Yippee!

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

Perhaps "Prevention" instead of "Awareness," since presumably if you had been you would be.

Augustus said...

Yes, Jeff, I was thinking along the same lines...