Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

And many happy returns of the day. Or any day. I mean, isn't every day an anniversary of the same day a year before? Aren't we all sort of reborn every time we wake up? Or every time we make a choice?

Anyway, I am happy to have made it for 50 years on the planet (this go 'round if you believe in that sort of thing). Yippee!

I just ate some of the leftovers from the dinner I made last night. Yum city! But now I am feeling sleepy. I have accomplished much of what I wanted to accomplish today already, which is a good thing. I need to head out around 4 to run errands and then head up to Raleigh. I am so excited! There is a plate party at the Saucer, and the WBF Brewers party is there as well. And then a friend is taking me to dinner (maybe plying me with alcohol for nefarious purposes).

Some presents arrived for me the other day. Some that I ordered myself with my mom's blessing. A package from my brother Ernst and a package from my sister Juliet. Pictures of all that tomorrow. But I opened them today. Great stuff.

Ok, pictures from April 7. Can anyone believe that we are already one quarter of the way through the year. And when we finish April we will be one third of the way through? Isn't twelve the coolest number? Too bad we don't have twelve fingers and toes! (At least most of us) If we did, everything would be done in base 12 instead of base 10. Or is that mode. I don't remember. Anyway, pictures:


There they are. They're still in their boxes. (Birthday presents...)


The ingredients for dinner.


The cooked meal. Yum!

2 comments:

Cindi said...

How did the nefarious purposes turn out?

Augustus said...

They haven't occurred yet. :( The night is young yet, though! :o)