Friday, April 29, 2011

Post Royal Wedding Friday

Nope, didn't watch it myself. I was slightly tempted. Just because I think that Kate is pretty darn pretty. Instead, I slept . Well, after setting my alarm to wake my mom up. She seemed to have enjoyed it. Made her want to go back to England for a visit. We shall see if we can get her to actually do it. Take a trip, that is. Anything is possible.

Yippee! Got the porch together yesterday. Everything except for the lamp. Turns out that the fixture is broken. So I got a new one, only to find that all of the tools in the house have gone away. Yippee! More shopping! I need a fillips head screwdriver and another pair of pliers. That ought to do it.

We went on more errands yesterday. Library, to get me a book - another one by the founder of eHarmony. It looks like the same information that is in the other book, just arranged differently. We shall see. I never did finish the one that I started but I have requested it. I like to finish things I start. Sometimes. Then we went to the bank. I opened a little checking account there. One, because it is good to have bank accounts. Two, so that I can have a statement sent to my mom's house and I can use that to get my own library card. Yippee!! It didn't take too long to open the account and I got a free gift. A pizza stone. Mom will get a free gift too, for referring me! She is going to wait and get the collapsible bowl set. Woo hoo!

Canandaigua. I like the name. We headed there, because I wanted to go to the Naked Dove brewery. It is a brand new brewery, open about 6 months. They don't have bottles yet, though they have a bottling line. Maybe I will go volunteer there or something. Hmm. Anyway, they have four beers currently - an Amber (which was ok) an IPA which was decent, a porter which I enjoyed, and a berry wheat that was pretty good. I got a growler of the porter to bring home. Yum!

We also went to MacGregors, probably the closest thing to a Saucer that I will get around here. Mom and I shared a shrimp cocktail that had probably 20 shrimp! I had a Southern Tier Porter. Yum! Met a very nice woman who has a massage business. If I can scrape together the $60, I might have to get a massage. I really do like to get massages at least once every four months. If I were well off, it would probably be once a week. Oh well.

Anyway, it was a fun day yesterday and it is a good day today!

Here are pictures from April 28, 2011:


This is a picture of the porch when it is asleep - that is Ginger in the background, washing the floor.


Our nummy shrimp!


Mom's emerald ring which we found in her safe deposit box.


Naked Dove Brewery sign. Had a fun time in their tasting room - despite the guy talking really, really loudly!

No comments: