Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Work Day!

It is Sunday and I am percolating along, firing on most cylinders. Yippee! Had a good talk with my sister last night. She says that Spring is starting to appear in Maine. Hurrah for that! Yesterday was miserable here. Who asked for cold and rain? Ok, so we need the rain. Still, not pleasant.

My goal today is to finish my revision of the draft of Diary of a Plate Addict. My nephew, Joe, whose opinion I trust, read it last night and thought it was ok. That is a good thing. He did express concern over the title, feeling that the word Addict might not scan too well for a corporate audience. Good thought, I just think that a place that for years had a sign welcoming people to the Saucer saying "Sit any damn place you want" isn't going to be fastidious about that word. Or about a picture of a headless server. We shall, of course, see. I plan on sending the current draft off to the Saucer HQ tomorrow. Hopefully it will cause some comment - also hopefully positive feedback.

Yesterday was exhausting. I still prefer to be behind the table than in front of it at festivals and things. It apparently costs $300 to set up a vendor table at the beer fest. I wonder if I could horn in on someone else's table? Jeff and the Saucer had one at the Raleigh Festival - I don't know if they have one at the Durham Festival. I will have to put feelers out. Do places that give away beer and also sell knickknacks have to pay the $300? Or does the beer donation cover that as well? I will have to ask around.

So far, nothing too exciting today. I didn't get up until really late. And for some reason the thought of trekking to the Saucer for brunch just didn't appeal. I would like to finish this plate soon, so that I can start on 20. I only have about 40 beers left on 19/Austin I think. We brunched at the house. Cate doing the bulk of the work. And I did some work on the book, finishing up the glasses. Next task, actually looking at the book and seeing what needs tweaking. I have done a little already, but I know that there is a bunch more to do.

Pictures from April 9:


Jeff, the GM of the Raleigh Saucer, was kind enough to put a little display thing of my book up at the Saucer table at the beer festival! Yippee!


Three April 8 babies!


It got crowded at times at the beer festival!


Working the table!

No comments: