Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy comments!

I love getting comments on my blog. Yippee! Thank you all (you know who you are) who comment on here! If I were standing up, I might even do a little Snoopy happy dance. Ok, I probably wouldn't. I am dancing inside, though.

I have a weird cut or puckle or something on my finger and that isn't fun.

Yesterday mom and I went to a local winery. There are only maybe 20 within 20 minutes of here. :) This one was called Three Brothers. Pictures below. It was fun! We got big rain which kept us trapped for a few minutes. One of my favorite things about having a smart phone is being able to see up to the minute weather maps. I could see that the storm would last about ten minutes and then we would be ok.

I love talking to people. I know, weird, right? One of the people at the winery was not very communicative (Mack) - or maybe I didn't figure out how to bring him out very well. Two others, Mickaela and Kena, were a little more chatty.

I tasted 5 beers, all mediocre, and five sweet and semi sweet wines. I might go back sometime and buy their tasting passport - 20 tastes for 8 dollars. Still pricey, but a better deal. We shall see.

Mom did an amazing amount of sorting yesterday. The dining room table is almost empty! Eeek! She is finally getting the hang of "one pile" sorting. Not everyone's method, I know, but it works pretty well in my opinion. I don't mind sorting and resorting and making piles slowly become smaller. I prefer it to the multiple pile sorting method - unless I have places for all the piles to go immediately. And mom does not. Oh, one pile sorting goes like this - start with one pile/box/container/whatever. Touch each thing once and decided keep or trash. Pretty easy, right? In the long run it might be more work, but it gives a better sense of accomplishment which keeps me motivated. Yay motivation!

I have ordered some things from eBay and the sellers are being remarkably (hence the mention here) close mouthed and slooooow! I want to know that my things have shipped. Have they? Who knows? Grrr. I bought a used xBox - I know, crazy. And I bought a birthday present for someone. Speaking of which, I know more birthdays are coming up. I am really not good at the whole birthday thing. I like giving gifts, more so when I am fiscally loaded (though when I am liquorly loaded, I apparently am generous (ish) as well) but not necessarily at birthday time. That takes planning and forethought. Gurp.

Today, we have more errands to run. Yay purpose!

Ok, pictures from April 26, 2011:


Three Brothers had four tasting places. It was waaay touristy, but I don't get sucked into that. Much. Anymore.


Big rain - thunder, lightning, the whole shebang!


I almost stepped on these little guys. They sure were enjoying the wet weather!


Fog on Seneca Lake! This was between storms. I love looking at fog from a distance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Augustus, Next time you make a trip to a winery let me know, that is something me and my gf have been wanting to do! It would be awesome to do with a couple of friends, and 20 tastes for $8 doesn't seem too bad. Hope to see you at lunch!

-Robert Rice

Augustus said...

Hey, if you and A want to come up to Geneva, NY, we can go to many wineries! I don't know when I will go to one down in NC...