Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Third's Post (which means 4/2's pictures)

I know, it is all very confusing. Just bear with me. Or not. I prefer, of course, that you do. But I strive to not be attached while not being attached to striving. Or something like that. Just pretend it is all very Zen and move along with your life.

April Third was a Sunday. And I had every intention of going to the Raleigh Saucer for brunch. Maybe I will make it next Sunday. Anything is possible. I guess what I am saying is, that I didn't make it to Sunday brunch at the Saucer on April Third. Mostly I didn't do a lot. And here I am writing about it.

Ok, upon reflection, I did do a couple of things.

First, a visit to the Cameron Village library. One of my favorite libraries in the area. I hadn't been in a long time and was surprised to see that they had a coffee bar!

Later, a not so pleasant stop on our trip. Jeanie and Kim had been fostering a cute kitten/cat named (by them) cowface. Nice cat but turned out to a) be one too many and b) to have worms. Ick. So they decided to place the cat in a shelter so that it might have a happier and healthier life. We headed out and ended up at the wrong place first, then managed to find the right place before closing time. It was sad, but not overwhelmingly so. Meanwhile, I had discovered that my free-ish lunch is about to expire. So we were both a little depressed.

I suggested the Saucer for a beer, she suggested Boylan Bridge. We went to Boylan Bridge. Then we toddled off to our respective homes. Pleasant Sunday, all things considered.

More on Boylan Bridge tomorrow.

Pictures from April 2:


Here is the deep fryer that Cate bought for me (and the house). We haven't used it yet - but I sure do look forward to taking it for a test drive. I guess I need to invest in some oil, now. :)


Daniel evinced an interest in jigsaw puzzles, so I got him a starter one. This is the start. More pictures as time progresses.


Yippee! I can die happy now. I got my AARP (All I know is that R stands for retired and P stands for People) membership package. All I have to do is send them $16 and I am an offical retired person for a year. Oooh, does that mean I can magic money from the money tree?


See that lump of charcoal on the plate - I did that! Cate made the yummy rice mix (I mean, really yummy) and the broccoli. Oh, I did grill the pineapple, though Daniel did the tough part of cutting it up!


Jeanie and Leah looking sharp!

Hey, I am curious about your opinions - always - but on this subject in particular. A picture taken after midnight - does that count as one from the previous day since I am still up and it is usually part of the event, or does it count as the next day, since midnight, at least in my time zone, has been passed? Please, let me know!

Thank you! We are getting closer to caught up!

No comments: