Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Day at the Opera

And a night in the Ukraine! Ok, maybe not a night in the Ukraine. Still, mom and I are going to see Il Travotore on the big screen simulcast from The Met in New York. Yes, we have to drive to Rochester (Victor) but that is better than having to drive all the way to NYC! I hope I don't sleep through a lot of it. We shall see.

Yesterday was pleasant, though chilly here in the Finger Lakes. We didn't break fifty degrees Fahrenheit!

More errands. I like errands. I really, really do. Yesterday we went to mail an envelope for Karl and then to Walmart to get tools. I wanted to get the $88 comprehensive set but I settled for spending $10 and got five screw drivers and two pairs of pliers! Great stuff. After coming home, I repaired the lamp, only to realize that I had forgotten to put three pieces on. I will rectify that either today or tomorrow. It was just too cold for me to redo the entire thing yesterday. And a little disheartening. Oh well. And I thought I was doing so well, as well. Well. (A deep subject, according to Alice from my bridge group.)

We also had haute cuisine last night at Ling Ling Chinese Buffet. One of the women there has been at Ling Ling off and on for 10 years! We recognized each other but didn't speak any Chinese. I was feeling reticent. And replete.

Pictures from April 29, 2011:


Ta dah! This is the completed, ish, porch.


The lamp before it got mostly fixed. Sigh.


I just don't eat enough to really make buffets worth it. Though Cici's is so inexpensive that I probably break about even there...

No comments: