Tuesday, April 12, 2011

#14

I was number 14 for a while this morning. I went to the health clinic for STD testing. This is the second time I have done this. The first was almost ten years ago. Is that right? I think it is. Hmm, how many partners have I had since then? That would be a good thing to count. Anyway, I had an appointment to get screened. Got there and found that the clinic was in Clinic A not H. Give me a break, though, those two letters are graphically similar. It was jam packed, unlike last time where it seemed like there were only one or two other people.

Anyway, I went to the window and they checked me in and told me I was number 14. Yippee! I like the number fourteen. Apparently there are two lists. People who make appointments and walk-ins. The walk-ins were numbers too, but with a w added - so w-3 was someone else.

All in all it was pretty fast and painless. They took some blood and then I was examined by a nurse. Nothing seemed to be out of place. I get my results for most of the tests a week from now. And now one can call to get one's HIV results. Years ago, you had to go in to get those results. Cool. Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

Oh, unfortunately, herpes testing is apparently expensive so they can't do that at the free clinic. It costs around $150 out in the real world. Why is it so expensive? And why hasn't herpes been cured? It is a really common ailment apparently. I thought it was 50% but it is actually 20%. Still, that is a lot of people. And there are lots of types of herpes. And HPV. Ick. So sad that sex can be so fun and enjoyable and can also be so icky and potentially harmful or deadly.

My brother just wrote me and told me that the doctor told my mom that she has Alzheimer's! Joy and rapture.

Well. Hmm. Anyway. Life apparently struggles onward. Here are some pictures from April 11, 2011:


The azaleas in my backyard are trying to thrive. I wish I knew how to help them. Sadly, I have a black thumb of death where plants are concerned...


Juggling from a tree always seems like such a good Spring-like idea!


One of the best birthday presents EVER! The complete Monty Python television series and extras!! Yippee!!

No comments: