Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Almost My Birthday!

:o)

I am not planning huge things for my birthday. The last few years, I have had a plate party or thrown myself a party at the Flying Saucer. This year, the World Beer Festival is throwing me a party. Ok, they aren't really. Nor is Bryan Shaw's plate party in honor of my birthday. But I can pretend. Perception is, after all, reality. Or at least close enough for government work.

Yesterday was pleasant. I did not venture further out of my house than to the garbage can. Instead, I stayed in and got things accomplished. It was a fun, full day. I broke the back of the glasses project - converting all the glasses into alpha-channeled tiffs. Today I am working on filling the pint glasses with beer - some of them with varying heights. It is laborious, but in a fun way. I also did a load of laundry and changed my bed sheets. Yippee. Worked on Daniel's puzzle a bit. Played some xBox (ok, slighly obsessed with the xBox), read a little, oh, and caught up on the blog. Five posts, I think, yesterday. Yippee!

Today, more working on glasses. I am about to do my yoga and then eat a little something. Not sure what the evening will contain. I was planning on having dinner with a friend, but that is, apparently, not happening. More time to work on glasses and the book! I probably will have to head to the grocery store for some provisions. I cooked the chicken thighs last night and I don't think there is any more port or beer or any other alcoholic libation in the house. And that just won't do. Oh, I also took a shower yesterday. I know, big news!

Here are the pictures from April 5: (I guess I forgot to do a blog with them in it. That means two blogs today. Hmm, what to write in the next one - well, I will do that after yoga...)


A look at the spring happening in my front yard. Almost time to mow! Eeeek!


The spread of nummies at Ted and Jo-Anne's for bridge night.

No comments: