Sunday, April 24, 2011

Monday is Monday

Not Tuesday or Thursday. Weird how that works.

I do want to make something perfectly clear. I am not in NC because I currently don't feel needed or wanted there. Normally, I go where the wind blows me. And for the longest time, I didn't feel blown anywhere. So I stayed in NC. Recently, forces conspired to blow me out of NC. Does this mean that I will not return there? Or that I don't want to return there? Nope. Doesn't mean that at all. Should the opportunity arise or the portents appear, I would head back there in a second. I love my house. I enjoy NC. I am here because it is relaxing, sort of, and because I know that my mom appreciates my existence and assistance in her life.

Slept oddly, dreams of jigsaw puzzles amongst other things and people.

One of my goals while I am here, is to get my mom to help neaten up her house a bit. Sort a lot of papers, clean off a lot of surfaces. If we get past that, we might even start into deeper cleaning. That would be nifty. Yesterday, we both got in neatening mode. First step, the kitchen counters. I have been making some food in the kitchen and was surprised that I had barely any room to work. Turns out that the counters were covered with crap! Not literally, luckily, but figuratively. Just lots of things that needed to live in other places. A few things did find their way into the trash, though.

We watched Wall-E again last night. What a fun movie! I hope that they do end up growing pizza plants!

Pictures from April 24, 2011:


The messy dining room. It is a work in progress. My goal is to have a neat dining room by the end of the week.


Mom's lovely centerpiece made from flowers she cut in her yard.


A clean and neat counter. Ahhh.

No comments: