Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Wow, this is the year I turn 50, half a century. Goodness gracious.

I decided to take at least one picture every day for the next 365 days (I checked, not a leap year). We shall see how this transpires. Doesn't seem that daunting. Yet doing something every day does seem a bit, hmm, challenging(?).

Maybe it is just an excuse to type everyday. Goodness knows I do enjoy a good typage.

Maybe it is just a way for me to be able to hang a memory on every day. After spending 10 days with my mom and seeing how her memories of the past 12-24 hours evaporate, I was interested in seeing if I could create a way for me to stimulate my memory process.

Anyway, it is January 2. I did in fact take a few pictures yesterday. Nothing scintillating, mostly documentary. I like to take documentary pictures. I am in awe of people whose documentary pictures are also arty at the same time. Black and white might be part of the reason. Moving on...

So here we come to the pictures. Everyone ready? 1, 2, 3...


I used to roll my coins every 6 months. Now I am going to do it annually. With the advent of debit cards, my intake of change has dropped drastically. And I do not belong to a bank that has the round up thing invoked.


I think it came to $65 which is what I used to do in half a year. Oh well. The coin machine in the supermarket just doesn't give the same satisfaction...


Cate and Daniel - Cate playing Fable III while I wait my turn - Daniel playing Runescape while he waits his turn...


Cate made a "traditional" dinner meant to bring wealth and health and such into one's year. Ham, black eyed peas and collard greens.

No comments: