Friday, January 7, 2011

1st Week

Wow, a whole week of 2011 has passed. That means only 51 more to go. Eeek! Eeek and Week rhyme. Just thought I would share that.

I came back to my house this morning to find that the temperature had been set to 57 degrees! Brr!! It is slowly warming up to habitable temperatures. I mean at 57 degrees, typing hurts!

On to the pith of the note. Yesterday was yet another good day. I like good days! I like to have them as frequently as I can.

I got up and did the normal stuff and took my first picture of the day. Cate has two cats - Pasha (a black cat) and Caspar (a white cat). They will probably make a few appearances throughout the year.


I just get a kick out of their yin yang ness.

After puddling around for the day, I headed out to the library to drop off some books and to pick up Daniel.


Traffic in Clayton is only weird at that time of day when school is letting out. Small towns! Gotta love 'em!

Off to the Saucer, where I used two very old coupons! Yippee!

I was joined by Adam and Josh. Later John Rabon, Jeanie, Cate, Daniel and Dara made appearances.

Eventually, Jeanie and I headed off to shop for the makings of dinner. I ought to have taken pictures of the Grand Asia Market, which so reminds me of my time in China, and Harris Teeter, which totally reminds me of my time in Harris Teeters, but I didn't. I had fun in both stores, speaking Chinese (Mandarin) in one and English in the other.

Back to Jeanie's abode we went. Jeanie has two cats - pictures will appear eventually perhaps - and her roommate also has two cats. Kim's cats are huge! Kliban-esque in fact. Here is one. Not in a pose that reveals its true Kliban nature.



For those unfamiliar with Kliban - click here: http://www.eatmousies.com/

Next, food preparation.

Ingredients.


Jeanie making a roll!


The finished product. Yum! Jeanie also made some delicious miso soup!

Good food, good company. What could be better!

4 comments:

Kim C. said...

I love all your cooking photos. We need to start oganizing beer dinner/cooking parties. I'm not much of a cook. OK. Let's be real. I don't cook at all! but would love to "practice" with friends.

Augustus said...

Thank you Kim! Sounds like a plan. Get organizing!

ncjeanie said...

Sushi was awesome! I love cooking parties too. Cooking with friends is best. :)

Augustus said...

Now all we need is Kim to get organizing!