Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Couple of Things

And more pictures - yippee! First, I think I fixed the commenting thing. Apparently others have had this issue. Big surprise. So I changed the comment window to a pop up. I do hope someone will try it eventually and see if that fixes the issue for them. I successfully commented, so at least it works for me. Maybe now smartphone users won't be able to comment. Who knows? The vageries of technology!

I tried to work in the basement. I really did. And I couldn't face it. I think I just need to get the huge pile of cardboard out and then go on with my life. That would be the ticket. And it we get that out, which I hope to do tomorrow, we might be able to actually play pool down there again. Yippee!

Third thing - I started a wordpress blog - but don't know if I am going to use it. I am comfortable here so far. We shall see.

Fourth thing - I finished my Christmas present from Jeanie, a collection of the Farside comics. It has two of my favorites in it - Bummer of a birthmark Hal and the kid trying to push his way into the pull door.

Fifth thing - Can't think of the fifth thing - oh, yes, I could have made a separate blog for the pictures project. Oh well. Maybe next year.

On to the pictures from yesterday.

If you are squeamish, don't look at the following picture:

Yup, I trimmed my beard! In the shower! Go me! :)

My camera has the annoying habit of taking a movie when I want it to take a photo. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

I have a nice movie of the First Citizens ATM drive through now. Lucky me. I will treasure it always. Sigh. I did make it to the bank and cashed in my change, finally. A $50 bill to "save" and $15 for my wallet. Yippee!


Yesterday in the basement, I sorted a box of juggling stuff - mostly balls. But I came across these things. If anyone can tell me exactly what they are, they will get a prize. Hints are available upon request. Creative answers are always welcome and will not be completely ridiculed...


And there we have it, a cleaned off pool table. I vacuumed the felt and will wipe it down tomorrow. I am so excited!

There we have it, another exciting day in pictures. So far, I am five for five! Only 360 to go. Eeek!

7 comments:

Augustus said...

Hi! I can comment!

Unknown said...

Commenting to prove it can happen. And yes sometimes I look at your blog. Would be happy to crush you at a game of pool.
-jb

Augustus said...

I'll look forward to it!

babyliser said...

They look like tops of chairs...the ornamental attachments usually on either side of dining chair backs.

Augustus said...

Sigh. Babyliser, you hit the nail on the head - what would you like for your prize? Do you know whence they came? Or do you have some lying around as well?

Kim C. said...

When's the pool party? I have beer. Will bring!

Augustus said...

Probably in February!