Sunday, January 9, 2011

Saucerless Sunday

I was attacked by a bottle of Cream Sherry last night. And it didn't end as prettily as I could have wished. A pleasant evening with a slight dip at the finish. Oh well. Cream Sherry can be scary! I don't remember when I started liking sherries and ports. It has been a long while.

I have been toying with the idea of starting my own meet-up called simply Augustus. Then when I actually have a plan, I can put it up on the meet-up and if anyone else wants to go they can. We shall see.

No Saucer for me today. Oh well. It will survive without me.

Ok, on to the pictures from yesterday.

Yesterday was a bit of a fixer upper day. Daniel agreed to help out in the basement and we actually managed to get it clean enough that we each hit around a few pool balls! Yippee! But while he was toiling at first, I did some chores around the house. They both made use of one of my favorite purchases.

I bought this ladder soon after I bought the house. It has come in quite handy over the years. This day it supported my changing of the air filters. Goodness they were dirty! And also changed the light bulb from the front porch.


Goodness that light fixture was dirty!


Now one can actually see parts of the porch when the light is on!

A quick picture of how Cate's stuff looks in the attic:


Cate even participated.

She emptied two bags of papers, and only retained a teeny proportion! Only 5 more containers of papers to go!


In the basement in a box of artifacts, I rediscovered this Babushka doll of Russian Leaders. I think my friend Ellen gave this to me. Now it is displayed in the pool room!

The rest of the day was taken up with eating, precooked chicken from the grocery store and brussel sprouts with mustard sauce that Daniel made, and watching two movies - Percy Jackson and the Olympians and the more recent version of The Italian Job. More on those on another blog one day perhaps.

2 comments:

lisa said...

"Take nothing but photos.. leave nothing but footprints.. & kill nothing but time>" My friend left this quote on her FB...Thought you might like it... :)

Augustus said...

Thank you Lisa!