Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Day that was January 14, 2011

What a pleasant day! I will take pleasant for any day of the week.


Got up, after having slept ok, to find my feet sticking out! Oops!


Walked to yoga class. Jeanie decided to come as well. Good thing, as there were a total of three students at the class! Fun and moderately difficult. I do yoga every day. Or at least a little bit. And have been doing yoga for most of 32 years. But I have been doing yoga light for the past few years. This was not yoga light! Eeek. Claudia was a good teacher. She used a lot of medical terminology that I didn't know. And she pushed me, physically and figuratively, which is good. I would like to go back again. We shall see what the future holds.

Then off to Raleigh Times to meet Jodi for lunch.


I had the Chicken Tacos. They were ok, not great. I find the food at the Times uniformly ok, not great. Had fun catching up with Jodi about life at the club. Not a lot has changed in the almost two years since I left. Am I surprised? Not really. Jeanie was supposed to join us, but she couldn't find us and ended up eating in another room. And I fell in lust again. Anna, the server. Goodness gracious. Totally inappropriate, but still...

I toodled home and at a stop light, took this picture.

It is my attempt at art photography. If I wanted to make it artier, I would crop it differently. This is the raw image. I also should have rolled my window down, but with a manual roller downer thingie, I wouldn't have made it and made the light when it turned green. Anyway, hurrah for art! :)

When I got home, I chillaxed a bit before making dinner. I decided to try Fried Rice again.


This turned out much better than the first time. I actually followed a recipe! Well, mostly. I am no longer afraid of making fried rice! Easy, quick, one pan, yummy. What can beat that?


Well, maybe home made fried potato things. They were supposed to be chips, but my food processor cuts the slices just a tad too thickly for that. They were still pretty yummy. A little tedious to fry them all, but not too terrible.

We were going to watch Star Dust, but it turns out that I ordered an HD DVD, which is a defunct format that my DVD player doesn't read, nor does my computer. Amazon is graciously sending me a refund. Woo hoo! I still would like to own a copy of that movie. So instead, we watched the first of 9 or 10 Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies. This one they didn't star in, but it was still entertaining - Flying Down to Rio. I look forward to the next one in the set! Thank you again Kim Connally!!

No comments: