Monday, January 10, 2011

Seems Like Monday

Ok, it really doesn't. I have no idea what day it seems like. Sunday perhaps? The weatherman is threatening a dire weather event and everyone is worried. Sadly this means that Daniel and I won't be doing our Monday Bojangles/Saucer/Juggling thing. Oh well. Life goes on.

Daniel only had a part day today, time to take one exam and then come back to the house. I wasn't even out of bed yet - still catching up from my overindulgent Saturday night. We watched another movie yesterday, Prince of Persia. Ok, time for movie thoughts.

Prince of Persia - there was just something not great about the movie. The scenery was cool and there was some good action, but it just fell flat and left me kinda bored. Whatever. I am glad I saw it, but not overwhelmed.

Percy Jackson - yippee! That movie was a lot more fun. It wasn't nearly as good as the book, but I liked some of the ways that things got realized on film. I would definitely see more of them if they came out, but there don't seem to be any in the works.

The Italian Job. The original was back in the seventies (I think) and I liked it a lot. Some thieves rob some gold and then drive around in some mini-coopers. And that is about the only similarity to the two movies. Mark Wahlberg is the lead, and he is not my favorite. Ed Norton is in it and he is always cool and creepy. Overall, it is a movie I am happy to own, and will probably watch it again. Now, if only I could have a copy of the first one too.

Not a big picture day yesterday.


Pekoe will probably feature prominently in the pictures throughout the year. Here he is in his "King of the roost" pose.


And Redbox. I would like one of these on my front porch or in my garage so I didn't have to go too far to get movies. One of them that I visit feels like it is in a wind tunnel. These two are in a Lowes Foods in Clayton. Not a huge selection of movies, but they usually have one or two that I could force myself to watch.

No comments: