Friday, January 14, 2011

Pictures and stuff from January 13, 2011

So, I did one of the fearsomeful activities. Yippee! And of course, it wasn't nearly as fearsomeful as I had anticipated. First things, first, though. I stopped and had the breakfast of champions!


I admit, I do eat fast food on occasion. Big Mac Meals are a favorite - once every other month or so. Taco Bell every couple of months as well. I am sure there will be a picture from there on here eventually.

Feeling fortified, I ventured on to my scary task.


I was sure that my unemployment was about to run out any day. And it was. The tier I am on now, tier four, the last day is February 5. There is a state tier, but we don't know how long it lasts or if it will even be available in February. Sigh. I will find that out less than a month, I guess.

Since I had accomplished one of my intimidating tasks, I felt I deserved a beer. So, off to the Saucer to go. Sadly, someone was sitting at my table. Grr. Nonetheless, a fun time was had. At least by me.

This was my second beer - note the rams on the label - how appropriate - my sun sign is Aries. Yippee! I only had two, as I was still feeling less than 100%. I met a woman the other night who is taking a picture of everyone of her beers towards her plate. I have thought of doing that. Maybe for some momentous plate, like 20, I will do that.

Jeanie and I then went to get ingredients for our dinner - well, the soup portion. Luckily Harris Teeter in Cameron Village had everything we needed, since the Grand Asia Market closed before we could get there. Oh well.


Here is an action shot of Jeanie slicing up our spicy tuna roll.


Our dinner from left to right - edamame, Thai Coconut Soup with Shrimp and spicy tuna rolls. Everything was great. The soup was enough for a meal in itself, so we saved most of the sushi for the next day. In fact, I have some in my fridge and will probably have it for dinner. Yippee!

I did not tackle the other task. Part of the reason is because I am not sure it even makes sense to do so. Yes, I know, cryptic. I need a good girlfriend to talk to about these issues. Sigh. I wish Shauna didn't live in Oregon!!

4 comments:

lisa said...

What is fearsomeful to you Gus?

Unknown said...

yay sushi!

Augustus said...

Lisa, if I knew your email address, I would write you.
Indeed, Josh, yay sushi!

lisa said...

Sorry I did not see this sooner...It is same as my subscriber name here @yahoo.com.. :)