Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pictures from January 4

I think one of the hardest parts of doing this project will be to come up with titles for each of the blogs!

So far, as I write this, I haven't taken a picture for today. I am planning to run some errands, so I ought to have a couple of opportunities. But I am getting ahead of myself.

Lovely day, January 4, 2011 was. Sunny and cool. And a day of fun. Well, some fun.

I got up and thought about what I wanted to do. First thing, wrap Christmas presents! Yup, I wanted to wrap presents. So I did.


And put them under the teeny tree that apparently stays up year round. I kinda like it.


It was also laundry day. I did one load of my stuff, and one of miscellaneous stuff.

One of my projects to complete soon, hopefully, is the restoration of the basement/playroom/library/pool room into a semblance of order and habitability. Daniel is helping with the effort.


Believe it or not, this picture represents a vast improvement. And the end is in sight! I figure a couple more weeks and I will be able to play pool on my table again! After two plus years! Yippee!!! Fear not, more pictures of this process will definitely make it to the blog.

The high point of the day, as is sometimes the case, was centered around food. I went up to Raleigh to have dinner with Jeanie. Neither of us had been to Cherry Bomb before, so we went there. They have 66 beer taps on the wall. And bottle beer as well, though on Tuesdays, all of their drafts, every single one, is only $3.00. Yippee!!


We started with their appetizer medley. Sadly, I didn't think to take the picture until after we had snarfed the two yummy Heuvos Diablos! Everything was pretty good.


We then shared their blue cheese mac 'n cheese, which was also tasty! Rounded out with a couple of Skull Coast Gallows Point beers. Yum.

The night didn't end there. We went to the pit for "one more for the road." I was sad that Crystal apparently no longer works there. I have known Crystal for six or seven years, I think. A not very personable bartender was working, who denigrated the beer knowledge of the serving staff of the Flying Saucer. Grrr.

All in all, a good night, and day, was had. Hurrah!

No comments: