Friday, January 21, 2011

Pictures from January 20, 2011

Not a lot of pictures from yesterday. Not a day I had planned at all. My plan was to stay home on Thursday and go out on Friday. Oops.


What the error message looked like.

Anyway, after the internet debacle threw off my day, I didn't get active until late. Then I noticed that I had a phone message. For those of you who don't know, years ago I trained myself to not be uber eager to answer the phone. And my cell phone has been on vibrate for most of the past 7 years. So unless I happen to have it in a pocket where I can feel it vibrate, I don't even know that the phone has rung most often. Hard to answer a phone if you don't know it is ringing. There it was, a phone message. From the massage people. I called them back, fully expecting to once again get voicemail, but part way through leaving a message Christy picked up. There was a cancellation. Did I want to take an appointment in an hour and a half! I dithered for about 12 seconds and said sure.



The place is in Cary, in an office park. Never would have known it was there. Hey, I have three referral cards - I think they are valid for $15 off any service of $65 or more. Anyone want one?

Got there in plenty of time and had a lovely massage. Actually, on a scale of 10 it was about a 6.5. That being said, any massage is almost always better than no massage and this one was that. And I think there are other practitioners there...

Then to the Saucer and sat at the bar! My hair was pulled back in a pony tail. It is funny, people were shocked about both occurrences. In a weak moment I promised Bryan that I would sit at the bar at least once a quarter this year. Sigh. Going there, I planned to have only one beer and leave - partially out of parsimony, partially out of a desire to not spend much time there. Oops. Had my three. Two of them really low alcohol and not tasty. The third was Big Operator that wasn't as Big as I thought it was going to be. Oh well, still pleasant. And the visit only took about an hour and a half! That is fast for me.

Home, I cooked steak for dinner. Cate cooked broccoli with cheese sauce. And we watched Easy A with Emma Stone. Thoroughly enjoyable. And later, Daniel and I watched Swing Time, another F&G movie! Yippee!

No comments: