Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cooking

I had a minor epiphany last night while rolling up tater tots, or was it eggrolls. Heck, who knows? Anywho, I realized that one thing that keeps me cooking is that it let's my monkey mind have something to distract it, so that I don't think about all the crap in my life. Not that I mind the crap, or dislike the crap. It is all crap. And hence it is all wonderful. And I mean crap in the nicest possible sense. Gotta love philosophy. Speaking of which, I met a nice ex-philosophy professor and his wife the other day. Meeting interesting people is always, er, interesting.

If I had the money, I would travel all the time. Ok, three months travel, one month at home, or something like that. Travelzoo sends me a weekly Top 20 Deals email and it makes me drool. Sigh

Yesterday was all about food. I did little else besides cook. Frying was the key word. Though I did not end up frying the salad that Cate put together. I could have done without the cucumbers...


These are fresh navel oranges, picked by the lily white hands of Cindi Miller herself and carefully conveyed to yours truly. Yum! :)


Regular tots.


Sweet potato tots!


And the result of the whole day's labor. Hot and Sour Soup, Chicken Egg Rolls, Italian Sausage pot stickers, tater tots galore and greek salad by Cate! Yippee!

No comments: