Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I love words

Here is one that came as the word of the day from Dictionary.com.:
concupiscible \kon-KYOO-pi-suh-buhl\, adjective: Worthy of being desired. I tell myself, despite one of my previous posts, that this is what I am. Yippee! Maybe I will even make Concupiscible my middle name.

Ok, note to self (and others, obviously): have to stop using "yippee" so much. Sure, it shows my excitement about life, but it is getting a smidge boring perhaps. We shall see. I don't know what else to use. Hmm.

Anyway, Monday is in the past and Tuesday is upon us. I am heading to a new-to-me place today. Yippee - darn, it just slipped out. Back to Monday.

I got a draft cover from my designer.


It is getting there. I have asked for some tweaks and will post something when I get a new version. We have also agreed to trying to have a decent draft done by the end of the month! Yipp-oops.

That was at midnight.

Ran some errands - Returned a video to Amazon. I got the wrong format - HD DVD is a defunct format, and they were kind enough to let me return it.

While dropping it in the drop box, I noticed that there was a massage parlor right there. Right next to the police station. Probably no "happy endings." Sigh. :)

Then to Food Lion - that's right Jeanie, Food Lion!! - to buy some necessities. They even had wasabi in a tube! What will those Japanese think of next?!


Also rented another movie - A-Team. And watched it last night - fun stuff. Moving on.

When I got home, I set about making up some more avocado eggrolls.

Boy they are delicious! Daniel and I ate some and I took the others to the Flying Saucer for two of my favorite people, Cate and Jeanie. Lucky them!

The left over red onion went into this device:

Mom and I found this in a store in Maine and they work pretty well. I put a piece of onion in there and it lasts a few days! (I was about to say the dreaded word...)

Next it was off to Bojangles. It was Monday after all. Cate pronounces it like a Spanish name, I normally call it JoBangles. In any case, yum city.


Daniel, there on the left, and I both got our regular orders - me a dark quarter, him a cajun bisquit. Laura, our favorite employee was there. She actually smiled! Weird!

Off to the Saucer for a bit. Mondays get loud quickly there. Cate was there waiting for us. Jeanie showed up, snarfed some food and headed off to a drum lesson! African drumming. I am envious!

Daniel and I headed to juggling. I love to juggle. Juggling is one of many activities that works both parts of ones brain. And it is decent physical exercise as well. And fun to boot. Can't beat it!


There was a pretty good turnout. Sadly, most jugglers are male. I don't get it, but that's just the way it is. Then again, most people who do hooping are females. Hmm.


I just loved this sign. Being a literalist and all.

Then home, watched the movie and bed - like these two.

Greta and Caspar sleep together routinely. No contention there at all. Life is good.

And now it is Tuesday. The day will be, has been already, grand. See you tomorrow and thank you for reading! (Comments always welcome and encouraged.)

7 comments:

Cindi said...

Yippee!!

Augustus said...

:>)

Kim said...

ki-yay

Jeffrois said...

I love words so much I often handcraft my own. None of those one-size-fits-all, store-bought dictionary words for me!

Jeffrois said...

I'd stick with Yippee! if I were you. I've seen excessive callooh-callaying lead to violence.

Augustus said...

Ki-yay?

Augustus said...

Oh, yippee ki-yay, mfs! I am ultra dense sometimes!