Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday Funday

I think this is a saying that most people in food service know and use. Sundays usually are fundays! And this past Sunday was no exception.

I don't know if you have noticed, but I like before and after pictures. One day, I might actually take them into an app and put them together. For now, two separate pictures. I accomplished two little tasks that needed doing.

Being somewhat organized, by the front door are containers for mail. Unfortunately, when I am poor, I don't tend to like to open my mail. Most of it is bills or solicitations for car insurance, life insurance or credit cards. Today, I started with this:


And this was the result, with no hidden bad news lurking:


Hurrah! The other task was kitchen oriented - Cate likes to have the burner plates covered in foil. Daniel didn't get to it, so I took a whack.



Shiny!

Next on the agenda was breakfast. We have some older, near retirement potatoes, so Cate decided to make hash browns. I whipped out my trusty, ancient peeling machine that I got from my mom for Christmas.


And here it is in action:


Yippee!

Anyway, moving on - the potatoes were then grated by the food processor. Wow, that was easy. Oh, and the onions got chopped up in the fp too! Yippee!

This was my breakfast.

I love my eggs over easy. Yippee!

Next stop, Kim's Plate party.

Great party! More pictures will be posted on Facebook. Actually, one of the best plate parties that I have had the pleasure to attend!

Then Jeanie dragged me, kicking and screaming, to Slims.

Ok, so there were no histrionics on my part. I went gladly. Met a couple of nice people and hung out for a while before toodling home. Where I watched another Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movie - The Gay Divorcee. Wow, Night and Day is my favorite part of that movie. Is it just me, or besides the dancing, do you think that there is less than no chemistry between Fred and Ginger?

Anyway, Sunday Funday indeed!

No comments: