Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Have (the) Proof!

I guess that is the biggest news. Yesterday I received the two proofs I ordered of Diary of a Plate Addict. It looks great! True, there are some things that need attention - nothing huge - but certainly things that could be fixed. One that isn't a biggie, but I would like to address, is plates being re-used over and over - there are at least 5 instances of plates being re-used instead of new plates being used. One plate is used three times even! Anyway, it is great to see it all printed out! Now I am having doubts that anyone besides my friends and near acquaintances will buy a copy. Sigh. Leaning towards heading down to Raleigh at the end of the month of October at this point - if Heather and I can turn the book around before then.

Money is pretty tight right now - isn't that always the case - and I would like to spend a lot more - order copies of Bar Dreams, make a t-shirt, order business cards and of course order copies of Diary of a Plate Addict. My initial order for Bar Dreams was 500 copies and those lasted me most of 5 years. Sigh. I just have no idea if anyone who doesn't know me will want a copy. Sure it is a pretty book, but is it worth $20 to them? We will see, I guess.

Meanwhile, on other fronts, mom is doing passably well. She seems to have shifted her schedule from mornings to evenings - not getting out of bed until afternoon at the earliest. And that reluctantly. She is often up when I go to sleep. Sigh. She is also complaining of lots of ills. Who knows which are real and which are just more cries for sympathy. We went to get her blood tested for her doctor's appointment on Monday. I don't know if they will have the results by then. There was a really attractive (ok, so she was 21) receptionist there. Whatever. We also went to the dentist because mom lost a crown. Neither of us want to spend the $2500 to put a new crown back on. Unfortunately (?) the dentist wasn't open on Friday. What is that about? I also mailed Heather her copy of the proof. She ought to get it Monday.

Oh, I wrote two women on Plenty of Fish. Neither wrote back. Well, one of them I didn't expect to. The other I had some hopes for. Looked a little like my friend Jeanie. But nada. Which is not surprising. Me, I always write back at least once, even if I find the person to be less than appealing. Heck, they took the time to write - and I don't write "I don't think we are a match" - because what the heck do I know? Maybe their next email will blow me away and I will fall head over heels in love with them. Anything is possible (much is unlikely).

The plan is to go out to dinner. I think mom is getting tired of my cooking. We shall see if she is up to it. (The weather is way too icky for the time of year to go out after all...)

By the way, we did break the record for views of the blog last month - 2003! Onward to 3000 views a month. I guess I need a few more followers. :)

Pictures from September 30, 2011:

The first proof!

Star wars Pringles!

Listening to the fifth book of the WOT series

Dinner

No comments: