Saturday, October 15, 2011

New to me place!

Friday was a funday, all things considered! It started with a Spanish quiz, which I think I passed - which will be the first one that I have passed! Yippee! Carlos wasn't there - off at another conference - and our TA was there instead - she did great, despite my fellow students being even more reticent than usual...as a fellow student, I just don't have enough energy to lift them all up. Sigh.

Most of the rest of the day was spent hunkered down in the house avoiding the rain. And the coolness. I did venture out for ingredients for pizza. It turned out ok, not great. I got the crust too crispy and there was not enough oregano and garlic on the thing. Next time, better for sure.

Lastly, I went to a new-to-me place - Stonecutters - the Belhurst's bar. Interesting place to which I may have to venture again one day. There was a wedding happening in the building so guests were all around - the bride actually made an appearance as well - lovely dress!

No exciting plans for the weekend. Yippee!


I just saw on Facebook that the Flying Saucer is opening a new branch in a suburb of Houston. Fie! Makes my book, Diary of a Plate Addict, obsolete and it isn't even on the shelves yet. Speaking of which, Heather put up the new cover which is excellent! And I am just waiting on new innards before sending off for another proof. I am going to go ahead and sell what I have - and then update it in the summer. After I have been out to visit the new location. On my book tour. With mom. Which is going to be a joyous experience. (This is positive mental imaging...)

Pictures from October 14, 2011:

I liked this picture - I just wish the lime green bike popped a bit more

Yay clouds!

Does this say fall to anyone?

No comments: