Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Don't Tell!

I know you didn't ask, but still...I didn't do any yoga yesterday. I know, for shame! The morning started off a little hectically. Mom had, apparently, lain awake for hours, worried about her dentist appointment. I woke up at 7:30 and didn't get back to sleep until almost 9 and then my alarm went off at 10. I hate setting my alarm. Anyway, we got out on time and got to the dentist. They were all very cheery. Mom kept commenting on it. They looked at the crown and thought that it was easily reglued - which they proceeded to do. The whole visit took maybe twenty minutes. For which they charged $180! Eeek! For cleaning a crown and pasting it back on! True, they did take $65 off for some reason. My thought is that is what they add to cover the cost of filing insurance and such and since mom has no dental insurance they took it off. Whatever. $180 for that? Well, at least that is one little worry that mom no longer has to have on her brain.

Today, more medical things - or one rather - get the brain doctor to change her dosage of the aricept. I really feel that the side effects just aren't worth whatever acuity is being added mentally. Not that I have noticed a lot of that since mom remains in bed until 6 pm just about every day recently. Another task is to start to find a support group. Yippee!

Yesterday was spent working on Diary of a Plate Addict. I replaced 74 plates that had been duplicated. Eeek. It took a long time and a lot of triple checking. I printed out a lot of paper. A laborious task. Hopefully it won't be so hard for Heather to plunk them in. Though I am sure I probably made a mistake or three. I was thinking of also adding some verbiage - nothing big - but maybe a question at the beginning and another at the end. Something like, Are you a Plate Addict? And Are you a plate addict yet? I just don't have the mental energy for it at this point. Maybe there will be a revision at some point. Probably not, but it could happen. Speaking of the book, no word from the woman from the printing company who said she might make a mock up or two of the book...

Today, Spanish homework and philly cream cheese steak for dinner. At least that is the plan right now. We shall see what the day holds...

Pictures from October 10, 2011:

Fall foliage begins!

Mom either recumbent or prostrate or both...

Leftovers and a sausage...

No comments: