Friday, October 28, 2011

Package Day!

Not a great day, weatherwise - and except for running out to put the blue recycling bin next to the curb, and to get the mail, I did not go out. It was cold and drizzly all day. A good day to stay in by the fire, except we don't have a fireplace. I think I am going to get one of those DVDs or maybe even a blu-ray of a fireplace for the tvs in the house.  :) Apparently there are lots of them and not very expensive. We shall see.

I studied some Spanish, which is always good thing. Part of me would like to take the next semester of Spanish. But I also know that I want to do a lot of traveling starting in February. Sigh. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, I downloaded the Apple Developer kit for iPad etc. I don't know if I will get around to actually starting to work on my beer application, but anything is possible.

Yesterday was package day. I got three packages, though two contained the same thing. I got copies of Bar Dreams and I got my next set of business cards - still not excellent, but a smidge better than the last ones.

Dinner was pork fried rice (no cream cheese).

Mom and I are pretty sure we are going to close the doors and turn off the lights for Halloween this year - though I don't think that there are going to be many trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood.

Pictures from October 27, 2011:

Stuff on the back - can't decide if I like glossy better or not...

Yay! More copies of Bar Dreams!

Pork fried rice!

2 comments:

naturegirl said...

I always like to get mail.. package, postcard or notes.. not bills LOL.. I still am a believer in personalized notes and thank you's.

It's a dreary day here too :( and we are expected to get snow .. I do like the white stuff. maybe a weird thing.. oh well.

I like the glossy business card..the other one is to plain. I know the glossy is a bit more money, but it does make a difference.. ( my two cents ) I am excited to read Bar Dreams .. so I will wait til your web site is up or I can send you a check with postage too, you tell me but I want mine signed!

Love the fried rice sans cream cheese :0)

Date tonight for me too.. enjoy the evening !!!

Augustus said...

Ooh, did you have fun on your date? The website ought to be up on Sunday - going to the opera today and that is an all day affair...I believe in personalized thank you's etc., too, though I rarely do them nowadays...