Monday, October 17, 2011

Is it the New Moon?

Nope, I looked and it isn't. Weird. I don't know why I am feeling a little blue - well, I have lots of reasons, but none new. Hmm. I do feel a smidge better than I did when I first woke up this morning. Now, after having done some yoga and having eaten lunch, my mood has stabilized a bit. Still blue, but not as deep a shade.

Mom woke me up this morning by calling for me on the baby monitor. She says she doesn't recall doing that. Anyway, she was lying there awake trying to figure out something that she was experiencing. She couldn't adequately explain it to me to either of our satisfactions. Then she started telling me about her dream and berating herself for not being able to remember it better. I tried to console her by pointing out that most people have a hard time recalling their dreams...speaking of which, two snippets from my dreams - one was a travel dream - taking a bus from San Francisco to Seattle. And the other, being chosen to represent a sports team, even though I had been out for most of the season, at some special event. Weird.

I am less and less sanguine that  anyone is going to buy copies of Diary of a Plate Addict. Especially since the book is now going to be obsolete as soon as it comes out. The Flying Saucer chain is opening a new restaurant in the suburbs of Houston. Funny, I can't imagine that their base has been clamoring for that. I am guessing it is another opening of opportunity. They found an inexpensive deal that they couldn't pass up - rather than opening one in a market that would be excellent for them - like Ithaca, or some other middle sized town with a big student/transient population. Whatever. It isn't my business to run. Regardless, this means that I will have to revise the book fairly soon. Crap! It isn't even done yet. I sent it off to be reviewed by the printing company - once they ok it I will send for another proof. Hopefully there will be nothing glaringly wrong with it and I will go ahead and order copies. I was leaning towards 300, but don't know if I ought to at this point. Grr and sigh. Sigh and grrr. Grigh!

Photos from October 16, 2011:

Mom's DVD player ceased functioning, so I got this one - haven't set it up yet...

I love the Dollar Tree where everything is a dollar (or less),

but I oughtn't to be allowed to go - I went to buy a pizza slicer, which I did - and then this other stuff jumped into my cart!!


2 comments:

Sam said...

Augustus, your readership has difficulties understanding why a new Flying Saucer is such a big deal to your book--so it lacks photos of one, so what? Won't it be a while before it opens, anyway?

Also, you may not sell out your print run, or maybe you will, but even if you touch just a few readers that will be meaningful, no? And it will mean a lot to a bunch of people at the company I bet even if they would never never admit it ;)

Augustus said...

I hear you and understand and appreciate your thoughts, Sam! The book is about all 14 Saucers. Now there are 15 - it opens later this month. I am not worried about it, really. It is what it is. I am still going through with m original plan - go to Raleigh, sell as many copies as I can. And then go from there. With a print on demand book there is no print run, in my understanding of the term. It is available until it isn't...