Sunday, October 2, 2011

Slight Snuffles

I have a cold - or had one last night. I guess I still have it, though it is back to feeling more like allergies. I am pretty sure it was a cold, because I was so stuffed up and drippy on the left side of my face - and in a different way from my normal allergy stuffiness. Oh well - this happens now and again - I sometimes have a cold for a day or three - like once a year. Who knows, though, with the different climate I will be facing here this year, what will happen to my health. Probably just a signal from my body that I am not drinking enough water...gotta get on that! Speaking of colds, what is everyone's opinion of flu shots?

It was a high of 50 degrees or something like that yesterday. I didn't even open the front door to get the mail. Poor mom didn't close her windows the night before, so she was really chilly in the morning.

I had another realization - I think it was yesterday or the day before. We have had people in the latter part of their lives here in this house three times to my knowledge. First was my father's first wife. I don't know how long she was bed-ridden here. Then there was Joyce - my mother's step mother. She was here for a few years, when I was a kid. I don't recall exactly how many. Then she went to a nursing home near Boston and my sister looked in on her quite a bit. And lastly there was Helen Heath. Again, not sure how long she was here. Maybe mom will recall. Anyway, I was thinking about of all of them. And now mom. She is spending a lot of time in bed just now - I don't know why - and she seems to have deteriorated quite rapidly. But I could just be feeling that way because she is spending so much time in bed. She just seems like she has given up - even more than usual. And I don't know what to do about it - if anything.

So, we did nothing yesterday, I cooked yummy scrambled eggs, spinach and glop. Other than that, not a whole lot happened. I did watch three episodes of Warehouse 13 and one episode of Glee on Hulu. That means that I get to do a bunch today - do some editing of Diary of a Plate Addict so I can send off a list of things to Heather - work on Spanish and, well, hmm, that might be the extent of it...aside from the regular maintenance sort of stuff...

Pictures from October 1, 2011:

My perpetual calendar with Fred peaking out from behind it.
Saturday night's dinner - the glop in on the left...

No comments: