Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mini Sunday

Tuesdays and Thursdays feel like mini-Sundays because I don't have classes. Though I do have class the next day. So it feels more like Sunday than Saturday. But everything is open! Hurrah! Not that too many things are closed on Sundays anymore. When I was growing up, the world seemed to close on Sundays. Now, you can do everything except bank - well, you can still do that with ATMs. Nevermind...

I was feeling much better yesterday. And even better today. Yesterday I had a Spanish class, which was surprisingly fun. I don't know why, but the professor was in a happy mood and I felt like the class was actually fun. Yippee! Next up, a visit to the doctor. We went to see Dr. Ryan, mom's primary care physician. I don't think I have met him before. Oh well. He seemed nice enough. And attentive to mom. We did forget to ask him about the acne, but got just about everything else asked about. It was a decent visit. Mom is going to get another colonoscopy, but this may be the last one. He seems to think that at a certain point, unless something is terribly wrong, that not doing the major tests is fine. Like no more mammograms. Mom is 81 after all. Though she is now insisting that she is 82. Sigh.

And that was the excitement. Woo hoo! A visit to the doctor. Could anything be more thrilling? Ok, many things...

And I did some Spanish homework, had Spanish Lab and visited the Spanish Teaching Fellow (tutor) for about 5 seconds. Molly was busy with someone else and I wasn't feeling it in any case. I will go on Wednesday to harass Wendy for a bit.

Today I need to go through the Proof of Diary of a Plate Addict and make notes of things I want to fix. Heather said she saw some things that she wanted to tweak as well. I am curious what she noticed... It looks like we will be having dinner with Mary Gerhart at Ling-Ling tonight. She called last night and invited us - but we didn't answer the phone - we were watching Prohibition on TV. I am a great fan of not answering the phone. I didn't recognize the number and when I don't recognize the number, I won't answer. And sometimes I just don't feel like answering when I do recognize the number. I don't remember in what book I read about answering the phone and the stress levels that induces. In any case, I do feel better that I do not run to answer the phone when it rings. I have mastered my pavlovian response! :)

Pictures from October 3, 2011:

A view of the building where I take Spanish class

The most awesome classroom desk/chair!

No comments: